Poor Hot Water Flow From Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very poor hot water flow from the mixer tap in my kitchen. It is a Hansgrohe single lever mixer and all other taps work perfectly. I have replaced the cartridge in the tap with no improvement to the flow. I have disconnected the flexi hoses connected to the tap from the hot and cold supply pipes and swapped them over. This allowed hot water to flow as normal but very poor flow from the cold water. Could the problem be a blockage in the flexi hose and if so can this be easily replaced or could there be another cause to this problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, does the flexi hose unscrew from the tap as I cannot see how it is connected.

Sponsored Links
I would assume it will be ones similar to these -
$_35.JPG

They should just hand twist and unscrew, if they have been installed correctly. If they've been 'incorrectly' tightened with a tool, then the tap may have to come off.

Before you replace them try removing the slow flow one and run a flexible wire BACKWARDS through it in case anything has blocked it.

A bicycle brake cable is ideal but not everyone has something useful like that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back