Poor mains water flow

Sponsored Links
i thought about an accumulator but it all seemed abit confusing and i wasnt sure if it was fit for my purpose?

i thought about an accumulator but it all seemed abit confusing and i wasnt sure if it was fit for my purpose?

They are simple. You have a check valve after the stop cock. After the CV have a tee to the accumulator. It does not have to be near the stop cock, with location anywhere along the cold line. Bingo!!! That is it. You can have a smaller accumulator just for the showers only. The piping has to be arranged to suit. Whatever the size of the accumulator, say 150 litres.they hold approx half of that. 75 to 100 litres is OK for a one bathroom flat that mainly uses showers. As the pressure drops after the check valve when water is drawn-off, the mains will still feed in. They are simple, non-electric, saving space. It is best you replace the stop cock with a full-bore cock.

I am helping a customer with the same problem as he is on the fourth floor and if the flats below use any water then he gets none.

There is a simple solution for him but I dont know if it applies to you. If you would like me to consider your situation then you will need to tell me when the building was converted ( if it was ) and when your lease commences and how long it is and where you are located.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Agile,

to my knowledge the building has always been flats, the building was built in the 1890's.

as for the lease etc, i live in scotland and own my property so dont have any lease.

thanks for everyones help so far

In that case I am afraid that there is no easy solution for you that I am aware of.

Scottish law is significantly different fom English law although some parts have been modernised in more recent years.

Its a common problem in old properties but apart from asking your neighbours if they have any easy solutions I think that you will have to pay for your own independent supply from ground level.

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back