Poor mains water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys looking for some advice.

i live on in 1st floor flat and have poor mains cold water flow, sometimes zero water at the tap.

i have contacted the water board many times with this and now they are claiming to have the required flow/pressure at the street stop cock, and are pointing the finger at the pipe that supplies my building.

after some investigating i have discovered the pipe from the main supplies my neighbour below, which makes sense as i end up with no water when he is drawing some.

after looking into getting a new pipe from the main fitted i very much doubt i can afford to :(

basically am looking for alternative suggestions to solve my problems?

Sponsored Links
yes i have access to the loft. i thought a tank would be a option but thought it wa maybe to simple to solve the problem :rolleyes:

easiest way tank fills when others ain't using water

you in effect will have your own supply

slight downside is you may not have as much pressure :idea:

prob no worse than you have now tho

Sponsored Links
how would i be able to find out? i used to have decent flow and pressure when i first moved in?

i've no idea? am going to renew my stopcock incase its collasped.

easiest way tank fills when others ain't using water

you in effect will have your own supply

slight downside is you may not have as much pressure :idea:

prob no worse than you have now tho

Could always pump it out of the tank of course.....

was keeping that for later :LOL: :LOL: ;)
Yeah yeah... :rolleyes:

I'd fit a coffin tank like this one (size depends on usage requirements)
p4761859_l.jpg

and a Salamander ESP 120 CPV Single pump
ESP80CPV.jpg

What do you have in the way of water outlets (taps/washing machine/dishwasher/shower/bath etc etc)? How is your hot water heated?

would a wrsa tank without a pump be safe for drinking water? and if it was pumped its not?

thanks

The best way is to fit a cold water accumulator cylinder and a combi. There are no pumps with pressure and flow guaranteed if the static pressures is over approximately 1.5 bar.

Using a tank, a cylinder is still needed and a pump for a shower. A lot of um-ah for not much at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back