Poor mains water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just purchased a property which has come with poor mains water flow,the property will be demolished when PP is issued but that could take several months.
We have a baxi combi 80e just does a shower,sink a basin. The measured sink flow is 6 liters per minute,if the filling loop is left turned on it only reaches 0 .8 bar on the combi guage.
We have checked all the filters they were clear,t he incoming water main is lead.
Ideally we want to pump boost just the shower. So is there a pump available just to increase the shower supply ?
Eventually we will have a system boiler and an unvented cylinder,new services will be extended from the
mains.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You cold check any of you neighbours have had there incoming mains repiped with 25 mdp pipe
It cold be your incoming mains is restricted with crap

Check out a product called,shower power booster.

It was on dragons den a few years ago :sleep:

Sponsored Links
I have poor water pressure (the whole street does by the look of it!).

I was under the impression you couldn't fit a booster pump to the mains supply?.

If that Salamander pump is legal to fit into mains feed I might try one out!.

Thanks for the advice,opted for the shower power booster unit.

Plumbed it into the mixed water riser to the shower head and it works a treat got 10 liters p/m now showering.

Once again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back