Poor Pressure on Allotment water supply

You should get a flow measure at the suppliers stop cock... They should have done both a pressure and a flow check at that point - before you begin investigating problems your side of the meter!

Severn Trent did a pressure at the BB and said the pressure etc was very good, so we are going to replace our own internal stop cock next in case any problems with this, it really us quite baffling

Can you isolate supply at the boundary box? If so, turn it off, remove meter and test flow and pressure at meter location! It might be the meter!

Sponsored Links
You should get a flow measure at the suppliers stop cock... They should have done both a pressure and a flow check at that point - before you begin investigating problems your side of the meter!

Severn Trent did a pressure at the BB and said the pressure etc was very good, so we are going to replace our own internal stop cock next in case any problems with this, it really us quite baffling

Can you isolate supply at the boundary box? If so, turn it off, remove meter and test flow and pressure at meter location! It might be the meter!

We had the meter replaced and no difference

We had the meter replaced and no difference

Then it's looking like the pipe between Bb and meter, which you may have suspected already.
It would save you money if you were able to dig a trench from meter to bb and just get a plumber in to connect up a new main to meter! But test that pressure and flow at the meter first to confirm/dismiss feed to meter is the issue!

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I mentioned this already but you can't have two taps on at once. If you do water won't come out of one of the taps.
Does this make any difference ......

Sponsored Links
You clearly have limited flow somewhere.

Flow rate needs to be measured at each outlet.

AND at the beginning where the meter is.

Before meter too if that is possible.

If this was near me I would investigate free as allotment people are usually friendly* and a friend has one.

* Except one where I was buying the land for the BBC and this fellow who had two was annoyed that he would have to take another. Stupid fellow was not even cultivating the plot!

Severn Trent have moved the water meter to the boundary box and in the process we have discovered the poor flow was before the BB and the old meter, the previous engineer said all was ok!. So now only a small length of pipe to replace !. Thanks everyone for their help :)

Well that was a success, found it was 15 mm copper, all connected up, very tight round boundary box, but no leaks!, and we now have great pressure and all taps work well,

Feel chuffed it all worked , used ducting instead of peace gravel to protect pipe

The old piipe , we think it had slowly become squashed etc
Agile knows all there is to know about squashing pipes , especially gas pipes when running behind soil stack/rainwater pipes.....if Agile says it's fine to squash pipes in a vice then I guess it's ok...:)
Tony , why would the squashed pipe be causing a restriction??..you don't seem to have these problems when you squash pipes in a vice??:censored:

The old piipe , we think it had slowly become squashed etc
Agile knows all there is to know about squashing pipes , especially gas pipes when going behind soil stack/rainwater pipes.....if Agile says it's fine to squash pipes in a vice then I guess it's ok...:)

But does he know the difference between pressure and flow
I'm sure he does....anyone who refers to flow rate as "dynamic" obviously knows what they're talking about surely??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back