Poor resistance rest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having ongoing issues with my insurance company, and the loss adjuster.

This is regarding a leak/flood from our kitchen stop cock. The "wife's washing machine and tumble dryer failed a test, conducted by Rainbow Flood management. Unfortunately they failed to test our range cooker which was sighted close to the wife's appliances.

The loss adjusters told us to arrange for the cooker to be tested. The report was tested failed on resistance.
The loss adjusters need to know if vhe cooker could be repaired, as we are having contact issues with appointef electrician.

The loss adjuster appointed a 3rd party to retest the cooker 8 months after the water leak/flood. Electrical Logistics technician reported back that the cooker passed the testing. The technician never used his electrical meter, or even switched on the electricity to the cooker????

The washing machine and tumble dryer got replaced, instead of being repaired.

Any ideas on the cooker??

Attachments

• 2017-03-20 16.52.05.png
    2017-03-20 16.52.05.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
If the 3rd party electrician didn't use any tester then I'm not sure how he could report back to them saying it "passed". What did he actually test/do to the cooker? Or was you not present throughout his inspection/testing?

Sponsored Links
We turn the electrical supply off every time it's not in use, due to previous issues with the RCD tripping. Don't want to ruin my frozen steaks etc.

If the 3rd party electrician didn't use any tester then I'm not sure how he could report back to them saying it "passed". What did he actually test/do to the cooker? Or was you not present throughout his inspection/testing?

The wife never left him alone. His company said they have photos, with him doing the test.. No chance.
The technician also damaged our front door, attempting to wake us up at 09:00. Sadly we are night shift workers, and the appointment was previously arranged for the afternoon

He actually only did a visual inspection on the back panel, and a few pics of the actual cooker. He might have been interested in the rangemaster.
He didn't do any testing!

You can quote and reply in the same post btw. As for the next step, you need to speak to your insurance company and explain what they did/didnt do and that your not satisfied with the testing (or lack of) that happened, and if they can have someone else actually do the testing so that you/they can be confident the appliance is safe to use.

Only then can you know if the cooker requires repair/replacement (if anything at all). As for the other items getting replaced, that depends if you have a new for old policy or most likely it was just more economic/simpler to replace.

Has it dried out yet?

You would not be able to use it without an RCD tripping with results like 2kΩ.
Yes, he did.

Yes, he did.

Yes, he did.

Angler - have you really done this sort of nonsense every time you've quoted posts over the years?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back