Pop up bath waste problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have recently installed a B&Q Madrid bath in my half completed bathroom renovation project. It's been in for a week or two now and has recently started leaking when we let the water out. It leaks from where the bath and the waste meets.

I suspect either I need to use some sealant on the underside of the bath/waste connection or I haven't tightened the "screw" that holds the whole job together and the plug fits into.

Can anyone recommend the best way to tighten this? I don't have a screwdriver wide enough and I'm not sure if there's a tool out there for it, have tried searching Wickes, B&Q and Screwfix websites to no avail, is there a name for one I don't know?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
The wastes often aren't the right shape for the bath. . Plumbers used to use Plumbers Mate which is one of my pet hates. Silicone is ok if you don't smear it everywhere.
Try a 50p coin across those slots. Or buy a Mudguard washer!

Sponsored Links
Yes, thought as much. Thanks all.

Ok, will try again, this is giving me grey hairs but is saving me piles of cash. I hope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back