pop up waste leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a pop up waste in WHB, but the water leaks through where the horizontal rod passes through the endcap. On the rod there is a white sphere and a washer but neither give a watertight seal, and I don't believe I've lost anything from the packaging.

How do I seal the endcap to stop the leak? I was going to fill it with silicon but would that not just stop the popup working properly ? :confused:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
shouldknowbetter said:
On the rod there is a white sphere and a washer but neither give a watertight seal, and I don't believe I've lost anything from the packaging.
There might be something missing - the sphere should seal against suitably retaining pieces that have the same radius as the sphere.

How do I seal the endcap to stop the leak?
Have a look at another pop-up kit from your supplier, and look for any bits that you don't have.

I was going to fill it with silicon but would that not just stop the popup working properly ? :confused:
Yes; it would.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back