pop up waste plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the pop up plug in my sink does not hold the water in the sink for very long about a minute. How does one fix it, is there some sort of washer or seal required.

Sponsored Links
510.jpg

Fitted to the base of the plug is an adjustment screw and locknut. The popup lever and rod can also be adjusted behind the pedestal for movement up and down. Also check the O ring seal on the plug itself.

If all above is OK the waste may not be sealed to the ceramic and water is leaking past in which case it will require removing and re-sealing.

my word that was quick, I think it might need some sort of adjustment i/e like tightening up the connecting rods as all looks in good nick.
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Try the screw that Gasguru mentioned. If you pull the plug out you will see a brass bolt projecting downwards. Screw this in a bit and fix with the locknut.

Is there any sealant under the fitting to the basin? If the other bits don't work you'll have to unscrew it and dry it off then seal it with some silicon.

yes sealant and all ok, it it seems that the adjusting bar needs adjusting. Thanks everybody for all the help you have submitted on this subject to the forum :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back