popcorn popping sound on Vaillant boiler!!....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can shed some light on what might be a problem with my boiler ...

I have a Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 24 which is 10 months old. I've noticed that it makes a popping noise (like popcorn bursting in the microwave!) after I turn it on.

This noise is intermittent - there's one or two 'pop' sounds when the temp reaches about 50 degrees and then more 'pops' every few minutes until it gets to 72 degrees. After that it 'pops' every now and again.

Is this just a general expansion/contraction noise from the boiler, or is it something that needs looking at by an engineer.

I don't have any probs with any of my radiators. They are lovely and warm. The water level on the boiler is 1.2 when cold, rising to about 2.4.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Make sure the system pressure is set correctly (in the Green area of the pressure Guage) if so I would be calling Vaillant Service department as the boiler is in warranty , you could have a heat exchanger fault! ;)

I presume u mean a grey area, rather than green.

just has a look - the pressure gauge is where it should be, in the dark grey zone when the system is cold (as it says in the manual).

If there was a prob, as u suggest, wouldn't that affect my radiators?

make sure they system was commisioned correctly or vaillant will charge you for the warranty call . do you have any paperwork from the installation and has it been completed ? if not i`d be ringing the installer first

Sponsored Links
Call Vaillant - no paperwork will be required.

Cracking is a known 'fault', a few methods can be tried to stop it. ;)

To put your mind at rest; it is expansion/contraction and is not a boiler or life threatening issue.

Have never known Vaillant charge for an in warranty call! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back