porch soffit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to build a porch ,looking for some advice on soffits.
I done my soffits on my extension and made a right pigs ear of it ,so hope to do things right this time
1. do tiles sit on the soffit?
2.does this determine height of soffit to be used ?
3.do i fix soffit before tilling roof ?
4.is it best to sit on top of brickwork ,if yes does this determine height of vertical soffit ,also does it sit on brick or morter .

hope someone can help

Sponsored Links
You need to sort out your soffit's from your fascia's ;)

Fascia is the vertical bit. The tiles do rest on it, and it is fitted first, and then the soffit - which is better resting on the wall.

The fascia is determined by the roof pitch and distance between the underside of the tiles and the level of the sottit

as woody says, the fascia provides the 'kick' on the first course of tiles. without it, or indeed if it isn't tall enough the first course of tiles will dip and look awful.

the fascia tends to sit about 40mm above the rafter, but as woody says, will depend upon the roof pitch and wether or not you use over fascia vents or not.

fascia.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back