Soffit advice for a newbie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice needed. I am a total novice and need to replace soffits and fascias. The difficulty I have is that the wall heights don't match between the extension and original brick work. How to do get th soffits level.

probably a really simple thing but it's making my head spin

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 115
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Extend the higher fascia outwards until the same depth fascia aligns (ie wider soffit)
Or
Have a deeper fascia (ie same width soffit)

Don't forget to fit eaves felt support trays.

Lower the soffit down on batten strechers and screw fixing ( j trim ) trim to them , then level from corner across to window to where you need it , slide soffit in and level by adjusting height of stretchers on the rafters ,making sure any openers on the windows can open without catching leg of new fascia . Bit of arc to cover gap from back of soffit to window and your sorted

You’ll only be lowering about 15 mm , either strip vents on top of new fascia to make up or batten on it side .. vents are better though I’d say as theyll keep your rafters nice and dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back