Portable gas heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of questions.

I am thinking of buying a DELONGHI portable gas heater.

It says I have to use it in a well ventlated room.

For obvious reasons, if the room is well ventlaed it will never get warm.

How expensive are they to run ?
compared to a fixed gas fire?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have three of these types of heaters and I find them invaluable. How they compare, ie, running costs, to fixed gas fires, I don't know but, you pay for your fuel up front so, no nasty surprises and, being flueless, none of the heat is wasted. It is prudent to have ventilation in any room where there is a flame based fire and, in the case of a fixed fire, a lot of heat does go up the chimney. These heaters operate on a catalitic system and, if they are cleaned regularly, there are no discernible smells or fumes. I find them quite economical as, once a particular room has warmed up, they can be turned down to their minimum setting, usually around 1kw, and, at the low setting, a 15kg bottle lasts for over 100 hours. They are especially useful in the conservatory and, being mobile, can be directed at any particularly cold areas.

It says I have to use it in a well ventlated room.

For obvious reasons, if the room is well ventlaed it will never get warm.

This is of course nonsense, ventilation improves the heating moving the hot air around the room, and without it you will die, no choice there then.
The heater is more efficient as no heat is lost thru a flu but more moisture is released [another reason for the ventilation] . The gas is more expensive when bottled so overall it's a little more expensive to run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back