Porting Air Bricks - Concrete or Substrate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8CF7F87B-B77F-4BC1-B699-8BBFAFFBC8D7.jpeg
Hi All,

looking for a bit of advice, I’m planning an extension on the rear of my property and I’ve been advised to port the existing air bricks through which seems sensible.

Due to the slant of the ground around the property if I bury the porting pipe work in the substrate (mot type 1) I’ll need to have the air bricks underground somewhat defeating the purpose. Alternatively I can bring the ports through between insulation sheets but will this pose a problem for the concrete that needs to sit on top? I could also raise the floor height to allow for a deeper substrate base but this would also lift the DPC to 325mm above ground which seems little too high.

photo of plan attached.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes, that’s a good idea. Never heard of these before but that’s a perfect solution. Thanks Freddiemercurystwin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back