Posh Flooring .com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience with the online store 'poshflooring.com'? They have good prices, but I'm dubious as they also have several ebay strores under different names, and I feel the salesmen are giving me the run around.

First (and only technical question) I was told that 10mm HDF backed engineered oak flooring is stronger and a better product than 14mm pine strip backed products. This jut doesn't sound right.

I've been told 'order through me over the phone, I'll be cheaper' website is showing equivalent or better prices.

I've been told 'the website is under construction' It seems very much live.

Also 'we're out of item A which is [price more expensive than website] but we do have B which is a bit wider but costs this much, but I'll do you a deal and you can have it for this cost [same price as the website]

Additionally, the website states free delivery on orders over £200, but the salesman is saying he'll charge for it. But that's ok, because the website absorbs the costs into the product making them more expensive.... Again, prices seem the same, if not better.

In short, I would jump at just ordering off the website, but having spoken with sales. I'm really rather hesitant now as the order is for £2300.

Any comments welcome :)

Cheers,
Fubar.

Sponsored Links
If it does'nt feel right, run a mile, plenty more companies to choose from.

The HDF or Pine laminates sounds iffy although all products should be Engineered to the tolerances of the board and perform as expected.

closest price we could find was bordering on $3,000+ :(

I've looked into it more and it doesn't quite look as bad as I thought (didn't factor in VAT). Still not 100% happy. But if we DO get screwed, it'll be on credit card so insurance covers.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Fubar.

The joys of online purchasing without being able to handle thee product etc.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
hi, i'm considering ordering engineered wood from poshflooring and wondered if you bought from them in the end? their prices seem too good to be true. samples look good. but i'm unsure if it's a scam? or if the wood will be decent quality when 65 meters sq comes? i'm doing the whole flat so it will cost over £2K so am worried about spending my savings wisely! I would really appreciate hearing your experiences with them or any advice - many thanks!

Actually, yea, quality and delivery were fine. I would recommend as a credit card purchase though just in case (Can reclaim money if they mess up).

Fubar

This company is not to be trusted, I ordered flooring which turned up with three different batch numbers, they said as it was a manufactured product there shouldn't be any difference in colour! They charged an additional picking fee which they said they'd refund but haven't and if I want to return the flooring due to their miss-selling i'd have to fore go the £55 delivery charge and re-collection cost. STAY WELL CLEAR.

I received some lovely samples of wood floor through the post from this company, at a good price. I chose one and ordered it. Unfortunately the delivered product was nothing like the sample. I returned it. They sent me a few alternative samples but the one I liked was not in stock. I then chased a refund for weeks on end, eventually I received most of the refund. I then had to chase the £17 that was missing from my refund. All in all very poor customer service. You might be lucky and get some good quality wood at a good price but I wasn't.

I wish I had come across this forum before I ordered from Posh Flooring!

I did do some searching and came across one poor review online before ordering - the main complaint was the amount supplied was less than they had ordered and the widths varied a lot. I rang Posh Flooring to check and they assured me that the reviewer had not acclimatised the wood or ordered enough. I also checked the returns policy with respect to faulty items and they assured me they would be replaced if we provided photographic evidence.

I went ahead with an order for about £2,500 worth of the solid oak 150BO based on the sample provided, which was rather good, particularly for the price. I was told it was best to let the wood acclimatise for at least a week and better two. This we did but when we opened the first three packs not one piece matched the sample, all having a rough surface quality rather than the sample's smooth, glossy finish. Worse, the planks were only partially and badly oiled, contained a huge number of large knots (a lot of which were crudely filled), and a few pieces were split.

The returns process was a fiasco. Two couriers turned up and refused to take the pallet which we had carefully stacked as per their instructions. I started chasing the following week to be told a variety of odd stories about the wood having arrived wet and then not on a pallet. Fortunately, I had taken many photographs and a video, so was able to dispute these confidently.

After a lot more chasing I have managed to get a partial refund and am currently chasing the remaining £158.

We got replacement flooring from a local company called Pennine Flooring in Heywood. The website is a bit primitive but the quality and service were excellent. This is trade only so your fitter would need an account there.

Avoid Posh Flooring.

I was a little nervous having stumbled across this forum whilst I awaited delivery of £1000 of oak flooring from poshflooring. However I have had no trouble whatsoever. I had a phone call to tell me when it would be delivered with an email setting out exactly what to expect - the flooring arriving on a pallete truck off a tail lift lorry, and this is exactly what happened. I left the flooring to acclimatise for 10 days (altthough am not convinced that this was really needed unless the weather is extreme - my house has windows open much of the time so can't be much different in climate to their warehouse). The flooring was just as expected when unwrapped, and laid a treat and attracts universal admiration - all for a very reasonable price. A very happy customer here.

It's wonderful that you should join this forum solely to post on a one-year old thread to recommend this company.

Congratulations on being the only satisfied customer on here.

I also bought some 150BO on the basis of a lovely sample and two visits to the showroom. When it arrived it was nothing like as promised and now it's going back. Huge knots with holes crudely filled with black resin which created an ugly contrast with the light oak wood. This fiasco is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Avoid this company!

I ordered some UV oiled engineered wood flooring from them but many of the planks are un-oiled in places. I noticed this once I returned home and inspected the work my fitter had carried out. I contacted them immediately to tell them of the issue, and having looked at photos and video footage I sent them, they agreed that the products were faulty and they would deal with the issue.

They said they would ask the supplier to provide compensation for the faulty goods, but if they were not compliant that Posh flooring would provide the necessary compensation themselves.

7 weeks later I still haven't received a resolution, and Posh Flooring now say that they will not provide any compensation because the flooring has already been laid. This is an irrelevant fact because they have provided goods that, according to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, 'are not fit for purpose', and 'are not as advertised/described'. These are points that I have pointed out to them, but they are now not even responding to my emails.

Their customer service is a disgrace and they should be avoided at all costs.

They also have various Facebook pages, one of which has various customer reviews and an average score of 1.5 out of 5

dealt with These people 2 weeks ago ordered dark oak flooring 18mm recieved 14mm light teak phoned up and was told this is what i ordered after i proved what i ordered they said it was there mistake and would i like to change the order to dark oak ? i said i ordered dark oak to start with there reply was no problem only thing was i would have to pay again for flooring and then when other flooring was picked up i would recieve full refund sort of thought ok no problem so patyed the 650 quid and recieved flooring 2 days later when it came was more or less coulor i ordered except it was not 18mm it was 14mm phoned them back was told it only comes in 14mm and 18mm was not available also would be another 200 if i wanted 18mm ? anyway bought ply ton make up differance in thickness i phoned these peopole back about time scale to pick up origonal wood and was told 4 days later returned to them ( i had to clingfilm every pack back onto pallet it was returned a week ago when i phoned up they said it would need to be checked at wharehouse and would recieve full refund includeing delivery as i now had paid twice for delivery even though it was there mistake i have just got off phone with them and they said it would take 2 weeks for refund so i said ok thats a full refund plus the delivery chearge which was 110 pound they said no i would only get refund for wood we will not refund delivery as per our terms and conditions even though the wood i recieved was wrong coulour and wrong thickness PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT GENUINE PEOPLE AND THERE WOOD IS INFERIOR TO ANY OAK FLOORING I HAVE BOUGHT ELSEWHERE ./......STAY CLEAR

I had ordered some samples from them, what I got wasn't worth the price..
In the end I found someone on ebay selling old stock of 22mm engineered hand-made oak flooring , the packs must be at least 15+years old, but the product inside was of excellent quality.
I got£30-£35/m2 product for under £5/m2, picked up 60m2 for £280 , Had budgeted around £2k before...

Pays to shop around...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back