Positioning of a Calor LPG Bluk tank 1200Ltr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I'm new so go easy on me..
Just been on to Calor and they say that the tank has to be 3 m from any boundry (& house) and in line of site for the drive to fill. As I live in a SEMI with a Lean to garage this poses a problem as the garage block the view of the Rear garden and goes up to the boundry ( on rear access road) as house back onto a field.

Where I would perfer the tank is about 1m from my Fence round the back of the house is there any way I can get calor to accept my preferred positioning.

My optimal position makes it as far from the road as possible not to be akward just best position in GARDEN.

If Calor had there way (from the phone Call) I'll end up with the tank in full view in front of the House in the middle of the GRASS in full view of everyone.

Sponsored Links
You had better take note of Calor's information. It will be their tank, and it will go where they are permitted to put it. If where you want it doesn't comply, you can't have it there.

get a calor rep out to sugest positioning he will go over it with a survey.be warned youll have to dig up your own trench to about 600mm for the run off your tank to the ECV. and then backfill it all in. also a concrete base will have to be made 2m x 1m x 150mm usually.

Sponsored Links
What about underground in front Garden? a bit more expensive, but the limitations on boundaries are reduced so could be a possibillity ;)

Calor did have different regs for the smaller tanks (equal to 4 bottles)

Not sure if its still in force.

As already mentioned, get Calor to send their rep out, wont cost you for a survey.

I spoke to Calor yesterday and have arranged for there REP to come out and View the Site. I was just wondering if other people have got round similar problems.

They did offer 4 x 47KG bottle but I was advised that was an expensive way to run heat.

400l of Bulk = £143
400l of Bottled Gass (4) @ 92l per bottle @ £54.95 = 218

Measured up according to CALOR and it is a no go. This is because the distances they say puts the tank in the middle of the grass and I can;t see that position from the fill point.

Also local sales rep from Calor never bothered to call me back..... :confused: So he's lost that new business.

OH well - OIL :!:

Heat pump and gas bottles for cooking and back up :idea: perhaps

Contact Shell Gas or Flo-Gas, you might get a more interested response from one of the smaller suppliers (Istill think an Underground tank could be your answer!)

don't go the 47Kg rout they are £56 to refill and you will go through 4-6 a month in winter!

Get an OFTEC engineer to do a Tank site assesment for oil, as you may find problems siting an oil tank as well ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back