Moving an oil tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody advise on the technicalities of moving an oil tank from the back garden to the side of the house, the actual mechanics of relocation, pipework etc I am ok with. Currently the feed from the tank to the house goes underground and then comes up by the boiler and to be honest looks to be a bit of a terrible DIY job, the whole house was a self build.
Questions I have are should the pipe used not be sheathed if it goes underground, should it be set at 450mm below ground (because currently the answer is no on both counts), is there are any limitations on positioning dimensions in relation to my house and next doors boundary. It is currently resting on breeze blocks and paving slabs on the grass. Am I being overkill and should it have a more substantial base, its 1250 litre plastic tank or do they spread load evenly over their base.
I am only looking to keep the tank one more year and go over to gas when I do the kitchen next spring but she wants to do the back garden first this summer. The tank is only single skin, are these still compliant/ worth anything when I do get rid of it?

Thanks for any replies, they are much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back