poss boiler prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new thermostatic shower fitted.

no hot/cold coming from shower.

after installation water was only warm from bathroom taps and shower for 3 weeks.

now reasonably hot water is coming from taps but nothing either hot or cold coming out of shower..it is as dead as a dodo.

ravenheat boiler.
cold mains.

could this be a boiler fault whereas it has sent debris up to shower point(which is the furthest point)?

need to know as customer is claiming it is an installation fault and that i should rectify without cost.

ps: after installation i told her to get a boiler engineer to take a look at the boiler due to warm water but she did not.

have i a leg to stand on??? :(

Sponsored Links
Good and sensible practise would be to go out and look at it .

sorry i do not understand your answers.

Was i right in asking her to call out the engineer.!!!

i have been round again to her home to check for myself and that is when she told me she did not get one out and now the non working shower has happened. :(

Sponsored Links
yes the shower had cold and warm water coming out of it the same as the rest of the taps in bathroom before this shower stopped.
been a few weeks after install now.

i have re advised her to get engineer out but she is still moaning that i am to rectify it.
she also still states that engineer checked boiler 2 weeks before i started bathroom installation...which i thought was strange...but as yet have not confronted her for proof of this.

i went round last nite to explain to her and turned hot tap on and brown water came out for a few secs....could not have timed it better....but did she accept what i showed her.....no.

my predicament is

1. everything was working after install just with the prob of warm water
2.i checked for bad install(pipes wrong way,piped wrong etc) to no avail.
3. i asked her to get boiler checked as i deemed this the cause.
4. client contacts me to say no water at all from thermostatic shower and that the valve body rocks as if loose. but now has hot water from bath and basin taps although not as much as there used to be.
5. i visit client and found it difficult to push shower lever back into on position. almost as if it was pushed as hard as possible into off position.
i stated no wonder it was loosening in the back with the amount of force that has been used to get lever to where it was.
6. still nothing from shower.
7.. asked client whether she had engineer out which was what i asked her to do and she said NO it was down to me.

i have been very patient with this client but deem enough is enough.
i think that if she had the engineer out when i said...the shower would still be working and the hot water would be fine in the new install.

by the way...she wants me to sort the filters out (which i think may be blocked)in recessed shower valve (behind plasterboard and tiles) (due to crap from boiler)for nothing cos she says it is still an installation fault.

have i any leg to stand on???

need some help or legal advice as she is THAT type of client.

conclusion:
:cry:

by the way...she wants me to sort the filters out (which i think may be blocked)in recessed shower valve (behind plasterboard and tiles) (due to rubbish from boiler)for nothing cos she says it is still an installation fault.

that one is down to you the pipework should be flushed out before you connect it :cry:

pipework was flushed out and shower working for 3 weeks.
i have fitted many of these thermo shower valves and never had this problem.

woah back up

nobody has said your in the wrong but you are telling the story in dribs an drabs fella

go clean the filters if its installation debris take a dive on it

if it aint charge them for the call :idea:

but make the point afore you start

ie any damage you have to do is your bill if its your fault

its theirs otherwise

we have all had jobs like this when you sit down and say WHY THE F**K DO I BOTHER

yes i will go round to clients house.

thanks for all the replies guys.

i will look at filters.
but my question is....is it my fault that after 3 weeks the boiler sends crap through to the hot side of valve and blocks filters????

if the filter is blocked by boiler can i still charge for doing it again???

cheers kevplumb your a star :)

thanks to all others also

what a great site...i feel better now.

once again a big thank you :D

I have read this thread but I cannot see why you think that the boiler is at fault if it has not been touched by anyone.

If the shower has inlet filters then shouldn't they still be accessable after the shower has been fitted so that routine maintenance like cleaning filters can be carried out?

Tony

If the shower has inlet filters then shouldn't they still be accessable after the shower has been fitted so that routine maintenance like cleaning filters can be carried out?

in theory yes
in practice

behave

if they (customer) wants them hid then hid they get

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back