Poss low battery bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Optima Gen3 mini
Standard panel not led

Hiya

My alarm frequently chirps or goes off. No errors occur on the keypad and no known errors on sensors.

I have both front and back bell box that have batteries. Front ones fine and does not make any noise.

But the back one has been going off intermittently today. Suspect it's the battery as it's 5yrs.

Due to the current restrictions. If I remove from the alarm panel the sounder for the outside. Will this silence the alarm temporary unt I can get a new battery.

Thx

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Errr no....! I think the the poster is saying the BELL BOX is chirping ? ...post picture of bell box ...I’ve known the Honeywell AG bell box to chirp when the battery is faulty or low

Sponsored Links
sparkymarka, think I should get some sleep long day.

The panel battery at 5 years should be replaced anyway, as for the chirping bellbox's think your right I didn't read the post properly in the first instance.

night

Long day ...all sleep and rest on the lockdown ..Or watching too much YouTube ...lol

Apologies. Same here. Been on bloody computer all day. Bog eyed. Yes it's the bell box.

Attachments

• 20200416_193525.jpg
    20200416_193525.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 122
Not known to chirp .....unfortunately it’s a ladder job , check for water damage / micro switch adjustment and dc voltage at the bellbox ...

Super. Bit strange. Its stopped now. But I know it will come again. But I will have a look.

Thanks for your support.

Is it one of these CQR sirens? This is the only siren I know that chirps when the battery is low. There is a ‘jumper’ to turn the battery off but personally I’d replace with new.

Attachments

• D1F9108F-2C02-4726-B180-D946DDEDC4A2.jpeg
    D1F9108F-2C02-4726-B180-D946DDEDC4A2.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 108
It appears to be one of these. Presume it's a texecom?

Touch wood it's not happened today. Strange, but yesterday it chirped and went off/on on its own.

But hey once I've checked indoor panel. Ladders are coming out.

Attachments

• 20200416_193525.jpg
    20200416_193525.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 100
Is it one of these CQR sirens? This is the only siren I know that chirps when the battery is low. There is a ‘jumper’ to turn the battery off but personally I’d replace with new.

That bell box is not a CQR one ....it’s Honeywell ....plus the bell box has been posted and it’s a Texecom 3 series

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back