Alarm bell box chirping

I just want to say thank you to all of you. Your replies really helped and some made me laugh for the first time all day. Just to let you know that I have a handyman with a ladder coming in the morning; unless by a miracle the alarm box stops chirping before then. I will certainly update you.

Sponsored Links
It was raining and windy this morning so the handyman callout had to be cancelled. In the meantime I have noticed the alarm bell is chirping much weaker today; barely audible. I have therefore decided to let it die a natural death. Have a good day everyone.

if the bell is running off its own battery, it'll eventually die... there is a way to disable it without getting up to it, but its far to dangerous forr a non engineer, and it will render the bell permanantly inoperable..

Sponsored Links
if the bell is running off its own battery, it'll eventually die... there is a way to disable it without getting up to it, but its far to dangerous forr a non engineer, and it will render the bell permanantly inoperable..

Do you mean running 230/240v in to it?

If yes, is there a risk of blowing up the (ni-cad) battery?

Won’t be able to run anything into it. The mains electricity cable supplying its power has been cut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back