Securit 800l chirping problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , my son has the above alarm which has just developed a constant chirping sound , like a smoke alarm but without pause . I assumed it was the control battery but strangely when he turns off the mains the noise stops .
He's disconnected both the mains and the back up battery but the alarm box sounder started .
As it's getting late and they have a baby I cut the sounder wire to stop the noise .
I'd appreciate any advice before he splashes out on a new bell box .
Cheers , Jim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
not too sure . son's not long moved in , house was virtually empty for more than 3 years , so I reckon it's 5 - 10 yrs old - maybe more . to be honest I suspect the bellbox but want to make sure .

04FAD094-2DCF-4335-B7A7-C8A7D2CCCACB.png Is it this bellbox

Problems with that bell box ,pcb Cooper track breaks down causing problems with bell box.Tamper faults and chirping common.

Well if it’s got a 800l then is probably over 10 years old , it will cost around £10 to replace the internal battery ( assuming it is replaceable... £25 will probably get you a new bell box, £35 for a backlit one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back