* HELP * Bell Box Making random chirps

Sponsored Links
The manual is a lot harder and thicker to read understand granted, but more complicated, depends on what your making it do I guess.

red meter lead on red/white terminal and put black meter lead on yellow terminal if you have voltage 13v then panel faulty?

So i have done the above with my crappy multimeter and getting a reading of just over 12v
Same with the strobe terminal just over 12v.

I tested the above with the wires connected into the terminals i guess this is correct ?
the weird thing is the alarm can go all night without making a sound then all of a sudden it starts when its not even armed. (bell box strobe flashing)or making a sound.
if the board is faulty wouldnt the 12v to the terminal make the strobe go off all the time ?

thank you again

Martin

Last edited:
The manual is a lot harder and thicker to read understand granted, but more complicated, depends on what your making it do I guess.

Basically if the 9448 is faulty and im having to replace the panel .Was just wondering if its worth me changing it to a more updated system of just getting another 9448 panel .

Sponsored Links
I would update the panel, just a few bite off more than they can chew going to the elite panel.

Hi all again
So as above i tested the voltage on the panel and its showing just over 12v which Handymanjo states there shouldn't be no voltage in unset mode .So this is telling me that the panel is at fault.
My next question is, as Secure I AM suggested that i should update the panel to something other than a 9448 ..
Which panel should i go for .
Having not wired a alarm system before but willing to give it a go.But also willing to go Wireless if i really have to, if this is my easiest option .Even though the system is wired allready and all cables are marked as which pir / contact they go to .

At the moment all i have is one door contact (front door) 2 pir downstairs including 1 pir in my attached garage. 2 pir upstairs .
i would like to include a door contact for the back door ( but the garage pir faces the door so not sure i would benefit doing this)

With the above in mind i wouldn't think i need anything fancy ,maybe the Elite is a bit overkill but i have seen one for what i think is a good price.

So any advice here on regarding which panel to get .
Thank you very much & Happy Christmas.

Martin

I had a big problem with the texecom bellboxes also,anything from chirping, sounder failure and failed strobes,nothing but trouble with them just bad cheap bellboxes. I'd suggest you replace it with a klaxon flashguard xl, or novagard 2 bellbox with red lens. I'd keep the panel. All the best.

Lol ....Flashguard ... No longer made .....belong to Texecom/Halma group
Gardtec bell boxes suffered from chirping NOT Texecom
Texecom did suffer from piezo failure ( ok at moment ) and sticking strobe ( year 2000)
Say no more .... Fitted alarms since 1988 ....

Lol ....Flashguard ... No longer made .....belong to Texecom/Halma group
Gardtec bell boxes suffered from chirping NOT Texecom
Texecom did suffer from piezo failure ( ok at moment ) and sticking strobe ( year 2000)
Say no more .... Fitted alarms since 1988 ....[/QUO

I am talking about the newer flashguards you can buy them from diy alarms and the security warehouse. Never had trouble with the novagards in terms of the sounders (piezo's) chirping, decent enough sounders,I had a bit of an issue with the new led strobes not being as bright but easily solved after replacing the opal lens with either red or blue, red is my preference You can see the confort leds from miles away.

Last edited:
Hi all
Now even more confused. As above do I keep the panel 9448 and get a new bell box?
The alarm has been fine over the Christmas period still arming it.but still got the strobe and bell wire disconnected in the panel. If connected that's when the problem start with the bell box..
Hoping to get this fixed in the next few days now Christmas is over with.
Thanks again.

If your panel bell and strobe outputs are active while the alarm is unset then the control panel is faulty ?
Went the alarm is set off it puts a voltage onto the bell and strobe in the bell box to make then ring and flash,when the alarm is unset no voltage is sent to bell.
You need to determine is panel faulty or bell box,you have been given the information in various posts above.your panel is old for piece of mind and neighbors disruption the cost of a new panel negotiable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back