possible faulty cpu/mb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my uncles pc is no longer working, what happened at first is he got blue screen, and then tried to restart it and then after that all that would happen is he turns all fans go, and the screen says no signal.

So i've tried my screen which works fine, and same no signal, also tried my hard drive in his computer to no avail, they're is no beeps to alert a fault, although i have removed both ram sticks and still no beep, i put his hard drive in my machine and it had a lot of problems virus, malware etc. His hard drive was defragged, cleaned and used registry cleaner, the hard drive works perfect now, but still not in his system.

i decided to dive a bit further in, checking voltages from power supply to the likes of cpu 4 pin + board 24 pin, confirming voltages okay. the motherboard is on board graphics so i put my own graph card in still no signal.

Any thoughts will be great, any more information needed i will provide system is around 7 years old.

Sponsored Links
If you could see anything on screen, you could try disabling on board graphics via bios, before trying to use your own screen. Sounds like the on board gfx is kaput, time for a new mobo perhaps, unless someone else has a solution

thanks for the fast reply, no bios or anything except screen no signal.

Sponsored Links
This does sound like a hardware issue and its a process of elimination

1st guess would be the power supply, if you have access to a known working PC take out the PSU and put it in the faulty PC

Then let me know what happens

Back