Possible House Extension Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after a bit of advise about possibly extending our house. Mainly after steer, rough costs, and if its possible/worth it.

Firstly, its a 3 bed semi on the Wirral, NW England. It has a Hip roof, and already has a side extension, this will need to be tied into the possible new extension by a shared wall. The room I want to extend will be the kitchen and separate dining room to become one, and upstairs will be the back bedroom and onto the back of the bathroom to make an en suite.

The extension will be 1.82m deep, exterior wall to exterior wall and 6.27m wide, 2 story. So 11.41m2 in total. There is already an old small extension on the back of the dining room I will want removing and renewing. Also some interior walls will have to knocked down and one rebuilding in the process.

I have attached a few photos below. The blue lines are new walls, the red lines are walls to knock down.

A few windows will have to move also but these floorplans hopefully give a rough idea of what I have in mind. If you need any more information to give advice ask, and ill try answer!

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 20200726_115846.jpg
    20200726_115846.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Upstairs New Plans.png
    Upstairs New Plans.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Downstairs New Plan.png
    Downstairs New Plan.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links
What do you think the rough price would be? Any ideas how to get more out of it? Is it worth it? Or too much work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back