Possible to actually buy a 6 foot exterior door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage needs a new side door.

The problem is I can't find one for sale that is just 6 foot. Also the ones that can be trimmed cannot be trimmed down to 6 foot, they all seem to be around the 1981mm height.

Maybe it's just me being thick (wouldn't be the first time) but can anyone find a simple wooden one e.g. cladding type that is 6 foot?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
you have minimum head clearence to comply with building regs and 5ft 11"[1810mm] ish wont comply
not saying you wont get one but this will limit the market so make them more expensive

Last edited:
Probably start at 5 grand as well and then come down to 1 after a few phone calls to the sales manager

Actually just admitting to being a sales rep for Anglian takes guts

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Okay thanks, now I know it's just not me being thick!
God is right about the price. It really wouldn't be worth your while but thanks anyway.
I'm looking at doors upto and around the £100 mark. I guess I'll have to make one instead.
It'll cost less but it's just the bloomin' time.
If I was making a time machine instead then it wouldn't be an issue!
Thanks again.

Last edited:
you have minimum head clearence to comply with building regs and 5ft 11"[1810mm] ish wont comply
not saying you wont get one but this will limit the market so make them more expensive
Where does it say a replacement door needs to be a minimum height?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back