Possible to install 3 LampHolders in Loft? Running 1 Cable?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently boarded out the loft and now all i need to do is add some lighting.

Coincidentally i just found 3 BC22 LED light bulbs which i forgot i had, i was wondering if it is possible to install 3 of these Batten LampHolders into the top joist of the roof.

The roof is probably about 10 metres in total length so every 3.33 metres there would be one of these Lamp Holders.

I just wasn't sure if it would all be able to run off one cable and one switch instead of having a cable for each and a switch for each bulb?

I'm not an electrician so i'd be paying one to do the actual work itself but just wanted to see if it is a possibility to do this because the LampHolders are only about £1 each, the cabling probably a few £, and then a Lightswitch is only about £2 so all in all the total material costs are about £5-8.

Whereas if i went for the option of a Fluorescent batten

then the upfront cost is already about £30 (possibly cost more to install also?) and I am not sure if having just one of those would give as much light coverage as having the 3 spread out lamp holders.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The choice is yours really.....one switch, 3 LED bulbs in parallel or your fluorescent fitting, whichever you deem to be most suitable.
In this situation I'd go for fluorescent, but thats just me.
John :)

Single lamps and even strips will still cast shadows, multiple lamps avoid this.

One wire to the switch for the feed in live, neutral and earth.

One wire from the switch to the 1st then 2nd then 3rd. It won't allow super ate switching, all on or all off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back