Post any old song you can think of.

Lost my original CD of Dark Side of the Moon a while ago so decided to buy a new copy. Must have had my original for about 40+ years, (First marriage was 1975 and I had it before then), so popped on to Amazon thinking it would cost a couple of quid. £10.99!!!!
Just shows, quality holds it's value even after all this time.

The D̲ark S̲ide of the Mo̲o̲n (Full Album)1973 - YouTube

Sponsored Links
Speaking of Van the Man, this song takes me back to happy times sailing over to Ardglass, stopping over to catch the tide right going into Strangford Lough.

Sponsored Links
My first ever album bought in 1971 and still my favourite.

May I say sir, you have VERY good taste. Also one of my first albums. Think I'll pop back on Amazon for a copy. My original was vinyl.

Electric Warrior arriving tomorrow. :)

There was a copy from 'High Fidelity Sound Labs' for sale at £38!! Gave that copy a miss.

I was never that keen on T Rex when I was young, probably in my 40's when I realised how good they were, same with Queen.

One of my all time favourite albums is 'Acoustic Warrior', acoustic versions Marcs greatest hits.
Yeah, he did some really good acoustic stuff - I have some somewhere on reel to reel tape that has never been released. When I was at school, my classmate Alan Curbishley who went on to be a West Ham footballer and West Ham/Charlton manager had a big brother, Bill, who was (maybe still is) manager of the Who pop group amongst others. Anyway, he used to get us demo/master discs from EMI where he worked and who T Rex were signed to. They were like LP's but about 4 times as thick. We used to record them onto reel to reel tapes. I had a couple of the actual discs, I don’t know what they were made of - maybe Bakelite but they were very brittle and broke if you even looked at them the wrong way!

Really enjoying some country music currently, especially this woman’s voice (Jennifer Nettles), so powerful:

Yeah, he did some really good acoustic stuff - I have some somewhere on reel to reel tape that has never been released. When I was at school, my classmate Alan Curbishley who went on to be a West Ham footballer and West Ham/Charlton manager had a big brother, Bill, who was (maybe still is) manager of the Who pop group amongst others. Anyway, he used to get us demo/master discs from EMI where he worked and who T Rex were signed to.

I read about Bill Curbishley in one of the WHO biographies. I'll do some googling because I think someone from the old WHO management settled in St Austell or nearby, certainly Roger Daltry until recent years used to stay at the Carlyon Bay Hotel, visiting an old friend and would often be spotted in the hostelries in Charlestown.

They were like LP's but about 4 times as thick. We used to record them onto reel to reel tapes. I had a couple of the actual discs, I don’t know what they were made of - maybe Bakelite but they were very brittle and broke if you even looked at them the wrong way!

Mottie, I'm sure anything would break if you looked at it the wrong way.

I read about Bill Curbishley in one of the WHO biographies. I'll do some googling because I think someone from the old WHO management settled in St Austell or nearby, certainly Roger Daltry until recent years used to stay at the Carlyon Bay Hotel, visiting an old friend and would often be spotted in the hostelries in Charlestown.

Mike Shaw

Pete Townshend Remembers Mike Shaw - The Who

Sponsored Links
Back