potato black spots?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone else noticed that the taters are getting more and more black spots in them?
I thought it was because they were cheap ones from Aldi, but even the chips form the chippy seem to have loads more black chips..

Sponsored Links
Thats because they have been lurkin at the back of the cold store for the best part of a year awaiting bagging up.

Sponsored Links
But I have noticed usually by now the supermarkets are full of those tasteless Egyptian new potatoes at an exorbitant price but haven't seen any.

anyone else noticed that the taters are getting more and more black spots

I blame the pirates, was a time they kept black spots within their own community. Now they seem to be handing them out everywhere. :evil:

I planted mine three days ago. Do you think I should dig them up and check ?:cool:

We live on the edge of the Black Forest. It's a bit of a gamble with planting times here. Just south of here had 10cm of snow three days ago.

We live on the edge of the Black Forest. It's a bit of a gamble with planting times here. Just south of here had 10cm of snow three days ago.

Then you should (as anyone knows) have wrapped them in leather. Have you never heard of jackets for potatoes man. :LOL:

Then you should (as anyone knows) have wrapped them in leather. Have you never heard of jackets for potatoes man. :LOL:
Nah! You'll never get a good crop if you get leatherjackets nibbling at yer taters

Talking of humpty dumpty - knock the taters on their heads !!
YFF !
:D

Sponsored Links
Back