Potential Government Policies.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Do you agree that this is an awful idea?

"Ban companies based in tax havens bidding for government contracts"

Sponsored Links
How about this one?

"All rented accommodation to be fit for human habitation"

Anyone for making St George's day a national holiday?.... I wonder where Mr Corbyn found that idea? He'll be driving round in a purple bus whilst swigging Newcastle Brown next.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter what Labour's Policies are - the party has very limited appeal with Corbyn at the helm.

Also, do you think preaching to a hand full of loyals (and even fewer un-decideds) on DIYnot.com is going to make any difference driving national political mood in your direction?

Nozzle

I'd like to see an end to fat-cat council bosses and QANGOs.

Like these:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/revealed...rity-hit-suffolk-and-essex-councils-1-4970776

The argument that the public sector must pay private sector wages to "get the best" is boll0cks, as those executives in the public sector don't apparently need to exceed any particular performance targert in order to get said salary. Furthermore, is "the best of the best" actually required in order the effectively run a county council?

I can't see any governement of any colour addressing this issue though.

Nozzle

Last edited:
They use that argument to justify paying each other exorbitanat amounts, and then compound that matter by paying public sector pensions. The NHS would run far better without most of the managers, and there should be a law whereby someone sacked, can't get a payoff, nor go from one job to another in any NHS arealet alone the one they currently work in. And they should get rid of the pathetic department that allows MPs to take a job in the private sector linked to their former position.

Sorry guys, I'm obviously living in la la land wanting these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see that only Woody is willing to comment on the policies.

How about this one?

Renationalise the NHS
Are you one of the 84% of people who thinks the NHS should be run as a not for profit public service, or the 7% who agree with the ongoing Tory privatisation agenda?

So when did you last get charged for using the NHS John; just where is all this privatisation happening.

I pay for the NHS with my taxes and National Insurance. Don't you?

As an example, do you know, since 2010, how much of that money went to Virgin Care? And how much UK tax they paid?

Virgin Care’s parent is Virgin Group Holdings registered in the tax haven of the British Virgin Islands.

See also
"Ban companies based in tax havens bidding for government contracts"

Sponsored Links
Back