Potteron Performa 28i hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Our boiler fires up when I turn a hot tap on but I get no hot water from the tap at all ?
When the boiler fires the temperature lights rise quite quickly and the the flame goes off.
I have noticed that no HOT water at all goes down the hot pipe ?
I tried turning off the central heating valves on the bottom of the boiler but I stiil get the same result. (central heating is fine)
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
It turned out to be the Domestic Hot Water Flow Priority Assembly ?
Had a chap out today who changed this part and all is fine now.

keep your reciept.

i assume you mean the diverter valve yeah?

if that was faulty i dont believe you would have had the temp rise you've described.

when it goes wrong again, have the plate hex looked at and maybe have a central heating filter fitted.

Sponsored Links
Hi, No it wasn't the diverter valve.
It was a friend of a friend did the job and he was very helpful and told me exacty what he was doing.
While not an expert on these things I do know a little.
(dangerous I know :) )
I showed him the boiler and went to leave him to it.
(I hate watching people when they are working)
Anyway he told me to stick around as he didn't have a problem with me watching.
Right you have the 3 way valve on the left, the plate heat exchanger on the right at the back, and another valve on top of the 3 way valve which he said also supplies the small hot water store.
He changed this valve and all was fine after.
Thanks Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back