Potterton 50L Parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening ladies and gents,

I'm hoping one of you guys can help me, my Potteron 50L (or at least I've been told it's that) boiler has got a faulty fan assembly. The part number on the current fan is 5000858 isn't mentioned in the manual, is that part number a replacement for 40958801 which I think after reading the manual is meant to be in there?

Cheers in advance (since getting my own house this place has been a great place to lurk and work out what the hell is wrong with... just about everything)

Sponsored Links
Because I can nearly always get them cheaper because I'm willing to spend a little time searching myself, early results show have shown about £100 difference between various suppliers. I don't know about you but I'd rather have the £100 in my pocket, not the plumbers.

Sponsored Links
If you are happy to pay the engineer to take the fan out again in three months because it has failed - and then come back again a few days later to fit the one you get after you have chased the e-supplier for a replacement then yes I agree, However if you let the engineer get the part with a modest mark up he/she will have a liabillity over the warranty, and you usually would not expect to pay a penny if the fan fails in warranty parts OR LABOUR!

Still that's your choice ("B" list customer!) :rolleyes:

No, it's called "cost benefit analysis". Plus I do this for a living.

I know where you are looking for your prices. I know what I pay for the same part.

I know what is involved in running a business. I also know the type of punters that phone up after a bit of googling,

Say No more eh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back