Potterton CH Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking around for a replacement boiler, was just interested to know how the current Potterton boilers are performing in respect of the PCBs that were giving so much trouble before - as featured on Watchdog etc.

Have they successfully overcome the actual problem and are they now looking after customers properly instead of denying there is any problem with their products, PCBs or otherwise ?

thanks

Ricky

Sponsored Links
Avoid potterton/baxi would be my advice.

look at wb, vaillant, atag, remeha and viessmann for quality at a reasonable price

Suprima PCB's now sorted, (not that there ever was a problem?!)

However Customer Care?

Broag Remeha, Vaillant & Worcester are three companies that know about Customer care, and mak Quality Reliable Boilers as well ;)

Thanks guys -

Have just been looking at the WB 12RI - seems to fit my needs to replace my Pot Flamingo RS40 - its done stirling work over the last 28 years.
Only needed two temp sensors and one thermocouple - not bad. However must heed your comments their quality today.

One little point I would be grateful for your help - the WB leaflets implies that on new builds and even replacement boilers the radiators must be fitted with TRVs - as most of my radiators are still the originals and do not have TRVs I would be very concerned about trying to fit them - is this mandatory in my situation ?

cheers

Ricky

Sponsored Links
yEP thats why people know they have good customer care as there boilers are reliable :confused: :confused:

Yep all rads except the one where roomstat is need trvs

Suprima PCB's now sorted, (not that there ever was a problem?!)

However Customer Care?

Broag Remeha, Vaillant & Worcester are three companies that know about Customer care, and mak Quality Reliable Boilers as well ;)

I didn't know Vaillant had good customer care, I haven't really heard anything good about them.

What is your problem with trv's?

Well with most of the rads being 28 years old, am a bit dubious about getting things off without cracking anything.

From what I have seen the current TRVs will not fit onto my old style tails so I will need to remove them as well.

Just that the whole system is well balanced for my bungalow so I'm only having to fit them for a regulation that gives me no benefit.

If the installer of the boiler insists they must be on ..... wonder if I could make up some blue peter cardboard trvs and slip them over the old valves :D

Just that the whole system is well balanced for my bungalow so I'm only having to fit them for a regulation that gives me no benefit.

Are you saying that in some miraculous way your radiators adjust to changing conditions like wind/sun quantities and direction?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back