Potterton Clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice please - my formerly perfectly healthy Potterton Suprima 80 has started a loud clicking sound, which seems to have tripped out all functionality. The sound seems to emanante from a smallish silver disc (say 5cm diameter) at the back of the top of the control panel - with cover removed. (nb not main cover just the control panel cover)

Any ideas what this might be, and a suggested cure?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
That's the air (fan) pressure switch. You need a boiler engineer sir.

Thanks for the guidance, the engineer suggests that it requires a new PCB - would this sound consistent? - I am keen to make sure that this is not just (a pretty expensive) catch all cure.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Getting Colder... said:
Thanks for the guidance, the engineer suggests that it requires a new PCB - would this sound consistent? - I am keen to make sure that this is not just (a pretty expensive) catch all cure.

Thanks again

Not a symptom I've ever come across of a dodgy suprima board (though there are many), as chris says it sounds like a faulty air pressure switch or even fan, but I would try the aps first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back