Potterton Combi HE Plus A - Error E168 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I have a Potterton Combi Plus A boiler, almost 2 years old, which worked perfectly until a few weeks ago.

It then locked out on Error Code E133, shown in the book as Interuption Of Gas Supply or Flame Failure.

I turned the adjustment screw for the Gas/Air half a turn anti clockwise and it seemed to cure the problem for a while, but it has now started again.

This morning it showed an Error Code of E168. I have searched my documentation but can find no reference to Code 168.

After attempting the reset knob a couple of times it then showed Error Code E133 again. It showed this a couple of times so I turned the Gas/ Air adjustment switch a touch more anti clockwise. All seems to be working satisfactory for the moment.

Has anyone any info on Error Code E168 please ?

I have just noticed a section on the Gas/Air adjustment screw saying:

NOTE: To assist the boiler to light prior to final setting, use a suitable hexagon key to wind out the Gas/Air adjustment screw until it is flush with the valve body, then turn the screw 4 full turns clockwise.

Perhaps I should try this if I get the error codes again ?.

All useful suggestions will be greatly received

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
All useful suggestions will be greatly received
You should not be adjusting gas/air mixtures, but I guess you already know that. Get a pro to repair your boiler and ensure that it's safe. It is a simple fault to fix.

Sponsored Links
This is really scary these gas valves are very sensitive and that guide you are talking about where you turn it so it is flush and then 4 times is a very rough guide to allow the boiler to light! Now you have adjusted the gas valve without using a suitable gas analyser to measure the Co settings your boiler is more than likely shooting up and doing serious damage as we speak! I suggest you turn it off and call a Gas safe engineer ASAP to check this and to make sure you aren't killing anyone as you read this! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back