Potterton EP2002 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heya, We've just got a fault start today which is as follows...
We have a Potterton EP2002 programmer with Potterton Boiler. The programmer has stopped doing anything, pushing ADV buttons don't light sliding switches and trying to change the clock doesn't do anything. The clock has seemed to reset to 8:00 Sunday morning. I've checked the fuse, which is fine. I've connected a multimeter to the L/N points on the wall bracket and there is ~240V across them. But the programmer doesn't kick in and turn the boiler on.

Is the programmer goosed and I need a new one? Is it a bigger problem so I need to get an engineer out? I'm fairly competent DIY'er so can do a fair bit without engineer.

Any ideas? Ta

Sponsored Links
I would say it is the programmer. Fit a new one, they are quite cheap anyway.

That's what i was thinking, I'll pick one up tomorrow morning and get it sorted... I'm glad we've got a immersion heater!!!

Sponsored Links
Hold in the + and - buttons together for a few seconds.

There wasn't a reset hole, but did the +/- thing and it seems to have done the trick!

Many thanks for the posts!

Where can I get a good curry in Yorkshire?

I was very disappointed in Sheffield/Rotherham that I could only find just one and that was pretty dire!

Tony

Even Wakefield only had one which was more cocktail bar. Very smart but food not that wonderful.

I could recommend the Acor Hotel in Rotherham. They bought it from another chain and the rooms are quite large and for £40 its very good value. Their Sheffield hotel is more expensive and the rooms tiny!

Further north in Scarborough I remember there were several Indian restaurants which were all quite good but its some time since I was there.

Tony

The saga seems to continue on this one.

Overnight the HW was on once, but the CH was on constantly the thermostat was set to minimum. Normally the CH clicks in and out on the thermostat changes, it was not dependent on the HW cycle. So it seems no to be that the HW controls the CH???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back