potterton flamingo smells of soot when on.boiler casing vhot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.is this ready for a clean up around the burners?? my instinct says it is or is it ready to be replaced?? im on a budget ..any suggestions if it does??

thankyou

Sponsored Links
If it smells like that, would be a good idea to turn it off!!!!!!!!

Worcester, vaillant, viessmann would be best for a replacement, that boiler must be 20+ years old, not due you a penny.

flamingos often burn away the combustion chamber insulation board retainers allowing the board to fall onto the burner. I may swap mine out this summer after 32 years of service as someone gave me an ideal classic!

Sponsored Links
I think it want's checking by an RGI ASAP before (assuming it is open flue) you and your family are overcome by CO. Let him decide when in front of it if it is worth servicing.

ok thankyou.got rgi sorted for tuesday..incidently it is open flue

hi. had the boiler looked at today.it was a piece of lining that surrounds the combustion chamber that had dropped off and was sat upon the burner thus causing the smell!!. it was held on dot and dab style with a piece of fire cement??? some more fire cement has cured it hopefully??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back