Potterton KingfisherCF 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been to a potterton Kingfisher CF 100,000 btu and serviced it, it fires up ok and main burners stay on for a short while, green burner light is glowing, then it shuts off, then immediatly comes on again then runs a short while then shut on and off and keeps repeating this scenario, definately seems to be cycling, I have thoroughly cleaned out everything, checked pilot is good and fully enveloping the ignitor/sensor with it running and the front off, it is slightly undergassed by 1mb on the burner rate and 3 mb down (17mb) on
the inlet with the boiler running, (I didn't fit this boiler, allready filled in warning notice for incorrect compartment and ventilation), cant see this causing the cycling problem, any body familiar with this problem.

Sponsored Links
Interaction would appear to be the relay that powers the fan. In my case the boiler run, comes to set temperature, burner goes out. Shortly thereafter, will get clicty click to eventually ignite burner. Advancing the thermostat gets rid of interaction. Change of thermistor is not the answer. Potterton were no help. Will be fitting a new PCB (boiler just over two years old)

Hope to do that soon. Am snowed under with repairs. Will post findings (hope) soon.

Sponsored Links
"New" surplus Kingfisher boards are knocking about cheap, too, by the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back