Potterton Lynx electronic not firing up

raden said:
ollski said:
Hmmm could also be the thriving business of reconditioned lynx boards. Surely the worst electronics ever.

You've never heard of the Suprima then !

I have no proof but I will bet the ratio of knackered boards to boilers is higher on the lynx, I'm pretty much referring to the total electronics including sensors, stats, boards and wiring.

Sponsored Links
ooh gaz - got interposted there

Lynx Mk1s are cheating anyway - it has three pcbs

however, there can't be so many lynx mk1 boilers out there now
the league table goes
Suprima
Solo 2
Micron

I wonder where Raden has been living?

He does not seem to have heard of burnt up Puma PCBs !

Sponsored Links
I think he might have - and just about any other board you care to mention.

I wonder where Raden has been living?

He does not seem to have heard of burnt up Puma PCBs ![/quote]

Pumas ?

I speet on Pumas, weel you 'ave to ... it's the only way to put the pcbs out when they catch fire

Agile - pumas, like the lynx are boilers which have had their day

5 years ago, they were flavour of the month - now they're but a glowing embe of their former flaming selves

I do have to say that all the Pumas I go to have had several faults in their short life.

Lynx II on the other hand have mostly been working trouble free since installed 8-10 years ago.

They usually get that annoying fault of intermittent failure to switch on CH or perhaps more often they do not restart again after reaching the CH set temperature.

One assumes that its the PCB but thats a great expense on an old boiler and I suspect most are just replaced with a new boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back