Potterton Performa 24 ECO HE

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a query about our combi boiler, model as above.
When the boiler is on (hot water taps on or thermostat calling for heat) the boiler seems to fire up and run for a bit. The Boiler on light is on but then it goes off and then fires up again and comes on again. It does this at regular intervals, i.e. light keeps going off and boiler fires up again.

It sounds like this is not normal. Does anyone have any thoughts, as i would have thought that when there is demand the boiler should remain on and lit and not need to keep firing up at intervals.

Any thoughts greatfuly received.

Thnakyou

Sponsored Links
Is there several minutes in between ?
Boilers don't burn gas non stop.

Probably about 15 seconds interval. Seems to be affecting hot water output, i.e goes cold for a bit and then hot again...

When running central heating , does it perform the same ,firing / extinguishing at 15 second intervals ?

Sponsored Links
Yes, same on CH, fifteen seconds on, two seconds off then fifteen on again

You will need an engineer to visit to diagnose the cause ,maybe best to go for a fixed price repair from manufacturer.

• Thanks
Reactions: stl
Ok, thanks. Am I right in thinking it's not normal to do this and there is an actual problem?

Have you had any work carried out on the boiler recently or other work?

The diverter spindle was leaking and an engineer replaced that in march. A few months later shower bar was changed

The diverter spindle was leaking and an engineer replaced that in march. A few months later shower bar was changed

If it’s nothing in the last week, and all was good before then you may have to call an engineer as suggested by @terryplumb. I was going with the idea that maybe your flow and return valves could be shut underneath your boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: stl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back