Potterton Performa 24 failure

British gas have various options for boiler repairs ,even if you do not have any contract with them. One off ,fixed price ,includes parts ,no onward commitment is amongst them. Give them a ring .

Sponsored Links
British gas have various options for boiler repairs ,even if you do not have any contract with them. One off ,fixed price ,includes parts ,no onward commitment is amongst them. Give them a ring .

Will do, I think it’s probably the best option.

Thanks

Well if you bother to read my post you’ll see that my boiler isn’t igniting and I’ve described the sequence of it’s start up to the point it fails.

If you can’t be arsed to read it then why comment?

Yes it’s a long post but if I simply say ‘my boiler doesn’t ignite’ I’ll have suggestions like ‘have you turned on the power’?

Have to agree with ian

You said “ He came back out, checked my PCB was fitted ok and noted that both the fan and the air pressure switch were not kicking in as both were not getting power.”

Where are these switches. Did he charge for this callout? I would have. I would have diagnosed and fixed your boiler as well as your attempts have hit the buffers unless you insisted you wanted to have a go your self ( I wonder why)

Either you are inventing the engineer or the engineer is having a laugh.
Engineer may well be some one you met at the pub
You must be a very likeable person that engineer is charitable with his diagnostic help

Sponsored Links
had an engineer out who suggested I replace the PCB with a new one, I did, nothing, same situation.

He came back out, checked my PCB was fitted ok a
Bizarre.how would he tell you had not caused another fault,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back