Potterton Performa 24 - some issues.

TLM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having problems with the above boiler. It has a small leak between Valve 3way assembly and Pressure Differential Assy. My plan is to replace the whole valve part number 248041 to fix it. There is another problem - while heating is off and hot water in on, the radiators are getting warm. I assume the valve is not operating properly and allowing to heat the domestic water and the radiators at the same time? Would replacing the whole valve fix this problem or it is something else?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Having problems with the above boiler. It has a small leak between Valve 3way assembly and Pressure Differential Assy. My plan is to replace the whole valve part number 248041 to fix it. There is another problem - while heating is off and hot water in on, the radiators are getting warm. I assume the valve is not operating properly and allowing to heat the domestic water and the radiators at the same time? Would replacing the whole valve fix this problem or it is something else?

Thanks

Good luck replacing the 3 way valve, took me about 5 hours. Could be the pressure differential section OR the diverter valve.id change both.

Good luck replacing the 3 way valve, took me about 5 hours. Could be the pressure differential section OR the diverter valve.id change both.

If needs to be done... I make sure I have enough time to finish it!

I made a mistake in my previous post, I was referring to the part number 248061 which is "hydraulic outlet assembly". It includes the valve (248062) and the pressure differential assy (248063). I assume that two parts you are referring in your post?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Those valves are easily repaired in situ with a service kit. Absolutely no need to replace the whole valve, but if you feel the need, go ahead and waste your money. Do a search and you'll find lots of info on this site.

Those valves are easily repaired in situ with a service kit. Absolutely no need to replace the whole valve, but if you feel the need, go ahead and waste your money. Do a search and you'll find lots of info on this site.

I was considering those service kits but unsure if that would fix both issues. I would rather not to spend twice to make it to work. The cost of new valve is around £85, just a service kit £25. Is it worth to try with the kit?

Thanks

5 hours jesus what did you do go for a 4 hour lunch in between

As 45 says dont spend your money get a service kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back