Potterton Performa 28 Fault Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a big issue with a Potterton Performa 28, there is a light flashing above the 50 sign, this says its a flue/fan issue.

I after doing some intel on forums including this one I came to the conclusion it was a new PCB that ws required.

I purchased a new PCB and fitted, first time I powered up it seemed to work ok but as soon as the Rad temp Guage got to 50, all lights went out and then returned to the original issue again i.e flashing above the 50 sign. I then reset and seemed to start up ok i.e the fan kicked in and could hear ignite showing a light in the flame light(LED) this then went straight out and should a Flame fault light.

now everytime I turn off then on or reset I get the original issue whereby the 50 light flashes again.

so to be clear, not heating and no hot water in taps, only a error on the 50 light that apparently means fan/flue fault.

Guys please help what should I do next?

kind regards

G

Sponsored Links
When you changed the pcb, did you also check the BP, checked the combustion, and the FSD?

if not, the next step will be to get you and your family a will written up!

the BP? combustion and FSD sorry guys need it in more simpler terms I'm not a Plumber just a geeky IT consultant lol

whats the bit about a will written up?

Service was about 1 year ago maybe 14 months

Sponsored Links
Perhaps all your PC repairs are plug and play!

But if you change a PCB on many boilers like yours some gas parameters need to be set to suit the boiler.

Thats why a gas registered engineer is always recommended for more complicated repairs.

In any case the PCB was not at fault anyway! An expensive DIY attempt I am afraid!

Tony

ok, changing the PCB can and does change many parameters, including the burner pressure, which in turns affects the levels of co/co2 etc.

What was once a safe boiler, is now a death trap.

Unless you cant test for all these variables, and then act on them if they are wrong, you might as well contact a solicitor tomorrow and get a will, as you will be dead soon.

LOL like the plug and play bit.

Hey its always handy to have a spare PCB right?

so whats best and cheapest option for me? Dont really want a guy coming out and seond guessing.

Dont suppose the new PCB would have a fault would it? I know sometimes out of the box new things are faulty

Wasn't there someone called "Essex Cowboy" who used to fix boilers in that area?

craig51 how does changing a pcb on this boiler alter the burner pressure ??/ .
And if it could do this impossible task how would that then make a fan flued room sealed boiler a death trap.
Amuse me and explain.
Or Dan who agrees with you

Let's take a worcester for example.

I changed a board on that last week. The mis were very clear that once installed, you must check the bp and high and low, and adjust the bp using the potenonmeters on the board. If the bp was wrong say, let's say too high, then that means there is too much gas, too much gas means too little air, too little air means incorrect combustion. That equals a death trap.

A boiler which may of been leaking pocs into a room before howecer as it was set correctly the occupant may only have been suffering slight effects. Now that the levels r off the scale, he is now dead. Bit we don't know do we, hence why you get a pro.

Is that clear for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back