Potterton Performa 28 Unusual problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cent/heating & H/W or H/W selected at boiler.First thing in morning no hot water,30o light flashing,lock out.Leave tap running.turn switch to re-set,sometimes it fires first time,usually 3 or 4 times to get it going.temp.
L.E.D's light up to 70o no problem.Switch off tap and L.E.D's start going out over time,60,50,40. If the tap is switched back on at any of these Temps.boiler will light.If it goes to 30o light is on but not flashing,as soon
as tap is turned on light starts flashing-lock out and this goes on all day,
continually re-setting.No problem if the heating is switched on,everything seems to work ok.This has gradually got worse over the last 3 months
starting with once a week, to now, all the time.Have had the PCB out and it looks fine.My Corgi plumber who fitted the system 31/2yrs ago is stumped but i must admit he is more of an installer than a boiler repair man.Up until this winter the boiler has worked perfectly.Has anyone come across this problem or are there any suggestions.Ihave looked on loads of sites but can't see any problems like this.Hoping Potterton man or you other experts can help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is a very common problem with this model.

It can be the PCB but is more often associated with the flame detection electrode or the gas valve settings. Both these are the province of a CORGI engineer for safety reasons.

Hope you are not affected directly by the closure of the Ryton plant?

Tony

be prepared for a CORGI fitter to keep on swapping things until it works ...

Sponsored Links
Raden is not CORGI registered and "has it in" for CORGI registered people!

Like all walks of life you get good and bad but at least someone who is CORGI registered has paid for the training, assessments and registration and should be safe and is complying with the law.

If you ensure that you get someone who will offer a no-fix no-fee visit then you have nothing to lose. My expectation is that its only needs adjustment by someone who understands your boiler without any replacement parts being needed.

Tony Glazier

Tony, you're wrong

I have it in for incompetent CORGIs (of which ther are far too many) and CORGI fitters who consider others to be incompetent (you seem to fall into the second category)

My argument with you (if such exists) is that you seem to have absolute faith in a club comprising many who are maybe not as competent as you and I consider to be nothing short of dangerous if let anywhere near a gas appliance

IMHO you need to recognise this and wake up to the fact that you are not the only custodians of knowledge

If I have posted anything that is factually wrong - tell me, I want to know

otherwise STFU, you will never know as much as I do on my chosen subject, and I will never know as much as you with yours

No reply then

same as with the photos I posted (is it two problems)

The difference between us is that I set out to try to educate the vast majority of CORGI registered people who, I agree, are "not that good". I do that openly and in my own name!

You seem to want to abuse and denigrate them, and hide behind a pseudonym !

Whats your "chosen subject"?

And for that matter, what is mine?

Tony

Agile said:
The difference between us is that I set out to try to educate the vast majority of CORGI registered people who, I agree, are "not that good". I do that openly and in my own name!
You seem to want to abuse and denigrate them, and hide behind a pseudonym !
Whats your "chosen subject"?
And for
Tony

I hide behind nothing

My email address is transparently visible (well, I hope so )
if it's not , it's geoff@cetltd com, and a www should show what I do

I see most of your posts as " don't touch it, it's CORGI territory"

CORGIs should, on the whole, know what you have to say already - or what's the use of them being CORGI regd ? They SHOULD be professionals - they're not

Why should I let them off the hook ?

I try and educate anybody who wants to know - who posted that replacing a Suprima pcb should only be done by a CORGI ?

and I still wait for your comments on the photos I posted te other day

Right, well in that case you should have been much nicer to me as I have been to you!!!!! I thought that after being hounded off these forums a few years ago you had stayed away.

I have already replied to the other question. When you see it you will notice that, not knowing who you were, I have actually been very nice to you! Others will not necessarily understand what we are talking about but I am sure that you will!

Since I could get you on a Watford 01923 number then thats odd because the code for Indonesia is 0062 !

And whats my "chosen subject" ?

Tony Glazier

chosen subject ?

narrow minded fitter ?

short of a clue when it comes to pcbs ...

and when it comes to looking up email addresses

What's wrong with Indonesia?

nice ansd warm ...

no CORGIs necessary

vulcanologists, maybe ...

When you say "be prepared for a CORGI fitter to keep on swapping things until it works ...", I hope you are not tarring every RGI with the same brush.

Perhaps you have yet to come across one who diagnoses the defect before embarking on replacing the defective part.

Come on lads,i'm new to the board,i didn't know i was starting WW3.
Thanks for replies anyway.
Jason--- How do i email you? can't find any instructions, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back