Potterton Performa 30 he lighting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I solved the problem with the above boiler fusing repeadidly, It was the timer switch, Now after a day of normal use the boiler refused to fire up, the power on light comes on, manually switching the boiler to on, them the fan runs for a second or two, then the boiler clicks three times, the fan goes off, them the whole thing repeats over and over, needless to say without providing and heat. Any thoughts? The manual fault finder is not much help. V. cold. Rob.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the air pressure switch isn't proving to me. Could be the APS itself or could be a tired fan not running fast enough to operate the switch.

So Mark are you suggesting that Rob should open up the combustion chamber and look at the APS and the tired fan?

Dont you think thats better done by a competent registered gas engineer?

Of course, Agile is right. If you can't prove yourself competent, it's illegal for you to open up the combustion chamber or work on the APS. There are plenty of posts in these forums about the issue and what constitutes "proving competence".

I hope my comment may help you avoid some teeth sucking and fitting of multiple parts by an usnscrupulous trader.

My advice is not to have a go yourself.[/u]

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice, the competency thing of course, went without saying (i've read into the whys and wherefores). Just best to have an idea of what the problem is before asking anyone to take a look.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back