Potterton Powermax HE - A01 fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a ignition fault on my Powermax HE boiler with error code A01.

There is no 'visible' spark being generated on the ionisation probes (tested on new and existing probes - 3 different units, all gapped at 3mm so the fault isn't here). However the output from the PCB is registering 180v DC for 3 seconds or so (tries this cycle 5 times before cutting out)

I also have a spark tester LED unit and it shows there is a high voltage coming from the spark generator.

Obviously either the spark generator or the PCB is faulty as one or the other isn't generating sufficient current/voltage to create a visible spark... Question is, what tests can I do to establish which unit is at fault?

I don't want to play roulette y'see as spark generator is £100 and the PCB is £200-£500 quid... I'd like to take the scientific approach... Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry but site rules prohibitus from giving advice on gas work, you will need to get a Pro in, or go for a Baxi fixed price repair

Sorry I don't mean to sound pedantic but this is an electronic issue rather than a 'gas' issue... I'm not opening any sealed areas where there is a chance of gas leakage. I just want to swap an electronic component
what were the results of the 26.9 checks after you worked on the appliance ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back