Potterton Prima f Help!!!

ok valves all open, heating switched off and big silver screw (sorry!) off. how do i test?

Sponsored Links
cant seem to find the thermostat for the tank, this might be it but it has no proper cover?
DSC_0571.JPG

Have you tried to get the impeller to move now that the screw been removed. You can see by looking into this hole that you need to turn the head of the screw that's now visible
Yes that's the tank stat.

Sponsored Links
I have the programmer which lets me switch and time the heating/water on and off downstairs under the boiler but I do not have a thermostat in the house to adjust the temp.

Thats a start Pete! At the moment I have the heating and water switched off still, should i turn them back on to see if anything kicks on?

Let's put the room stat to max and the boiler also. Does the boiler fire?
If not then you will need some electrical tests as I think you managed about all I can offer via this. Good set of pics by the way.
Mate! Not all installations have a room stat, some just make use of the one on the boiler, so ..

I don't have a room stat, I'll give it a go. Hope it works. Thanks for all your help Pete, starting to make sense of it a little.

yep, it was popped out. The pilot light has come back on and seems to be starting up ok. Should i expect the pilot light to stay on?

Just run it and see what happens. Check you've got water in the small header tank in the loft.

If it pops again you could have circulation issues. Turn the boiler stat down to 3 or 4.

Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back