Potterton Profile 40e tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Profile 40e that's intermittently tripping out. It seems to be about every 2 days at the moment. Over the last six months I've noticed that the boiler sometimes takes a few attempts to light (three or four 'whooshes' before sparking which I assume is the fan coming on and off - maybe the sir pressure switch?) but the tripping out has only been hapening for the last couple of weeks or so.

Am I right in thinking that tripping out is caused by the overheat thermostat? I've read lots of posts about other Potterton boilers with similar symptoms and the PCB often seems to be blamed. I'm still suspicious about the air pressure switch given the ignition problems that I've seen over the last 6 months.

Does anyone have any good pointers for the best way to diagnose the exact cause and where I can get parts at a decent price. Boiler spares look pretty expensive relative to the price of a new boiler so I'd rather just change the bit that's broken :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back