Potterton Profile 40e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Profile boiler seems to have stopped working (ie no pilot light)
I turn the boiler stat on the front to"0" and leave it a while, then when I start to turn it to "Max" I can hear/feel the stat click but nothing happens.
I have checked that there is Mains but there is no Mains at the "Test point"
There is a reset button underneath but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
below the stat and to the left there is a button to reset it :D

if its not clicking when you press it it prob hasnt tripped

if no live at the test socket check the programmer three port valve etc

Thanks for the quick reply, but I assume you mean the "T" valve next to the pump. The 3 port valve has "Auto and Man" written on the side and the even though you can move the lever, it doesn't have any resistance between auto and man so I guessing its jammed. But why would this cause the mains not to appear on the "Test Socket" ?

WHat "test socket" are you dibbling with?
"Mains" could be sparks, gas or water!

The boiler doesn't have a permanent pilot.

The 3 port valve would feel as you say for CH or CH + HW.

Sponsored Links
there is a "Test socket" next to the boiler stat that has + ve/ -ve/ eth and there is no voltage at all. When I said Mains I was refering to 240V which I do measure at the L and N terminals.

with ref to pilot light, why does it say in the fault finding guide about "Does pilot remain lit" if you say it doesn't have a perm pilot?

On the side of the 3 port valve it has a slider on the side which has no resistance when you move it from auto to manual. Usually you can feel a spring that returns to the auto postion. Could this be the reason why there is no mains (240v) at the test socket?

the test socket is connected to the switched live

so if the socket aint live the valve or programmer is not working :eek:

hence the boiler won't light

What are you trying it on heating, hot water or both?, does the pump run?, has the fuse gone or tripped in the consumer unit?, any lights on the programmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back