Potterton Profile 50e is dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Profile 50e which seems to have died. I'm having it replaced in 3 weeks, so I'm not going to call someone out to fix it, but it would be nice to have heating for the next 3 weeks, so can anyone suggest what goes wrong with these boilers that I could check.

Symptoms are that the boiler is completely dead, no fan, no gas escaping, no spark from the ignitor.

Things I've checked:
- Basic electrics seem OK. The pump runs when it should; there's power at the main and the switched power terminals when there should be. I'm pretty sure the fault is on the boiler, not the wiring.
- Thermal cut-out isn't tripped.
- Fuse on the circuit board is not blown.

That exhausts my knowledge of boilers. Is there anything else simple that might have gone wrong?

Sponsored Links
It could be a number of things. Are you getting mains electrics to the PCB? Is there 240 volts to the fan when the system is in demand? Normally, if the fan was at fault, the motor seizes and tries to turn making a humming type sound. This would cause the boiler not to start.
Remember to carry out the basic electrical tests before removing components.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back