Potterton Profile 60e trips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a potterton Profile 60e boiler that is about 18 years old. Last year when we had it on just for the hot water it started to trip out about every 5 minutes.
We had it powerflushed and it was then ok for about 2 weeks but then started to trip out occasionally until it was every 5 minutes again.
When we turned the heating side of it on (for winter) the problem stopped and has been ok since.
Now it is getting warmer I have been turning the heating off occasionally, and guess what, it is tripping out again every 5 minutes.
The boiler is quite noisy (kettling) when it is warming up and the overheat thermostat has been changed.
Any ideas before the weather gets too warm??

Sponsored Links
what difference would the boiler stat setting make?

Could be a sludged up heat ex or a failing pump.

Boiler stat setting set to mid way between 3 and 4, it does click and switches the boiler On & Off when turned so I think that is ok.

Pump is a Grundfos Selectric (that what is says on the pump!!) with a setting of 1-3, 3 is the fastest pump speed which is what it is set on.

Would the powerflush have removed all the sludge out of the system, including the boiler, or does it not flush out the heat ex?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back